Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Uncertainty

Who will I support for President? I had been leaning toward John Edwards, but he dropped out. I cannot support any Republican because I fear who any of the Republican candidates would appoint to the Supreme Court. Realistically, I am left with Hillary or Barack. Because I live in Texas ( a Republican state), my vote will not count, so maybe I should forget about the Presidential race.

Still, there is a small chance that my vote might count in the Democratic primary, if Super Tuesday does not determine the Democratic nominee. I will have to study both candidates positions. My focus will be health care and stem cell research, but I also need a better feel for both candidates character.

I read the story of Deborah and Barak in Judges. Are we looking at a modern day parallel? My intellect says that is ridiculous; my heart says God speaks to us in mysterious ways. I will have to think and pray on this.
Choice can be so difficult.

No comments: