Friday, December 28, 2007

Sharing Loss

Gasoline prices are rising because of the death of one woman in Pakistan. How happy the terrorists who planned her death must be. Her passing should remind us how fragile the lives around us are.

I think about her children and their loss of their mother. My mother died three years ago, so I can empathize with them. I believe we need to make all such deaths personal and grieve for those that mourn.

The fear that Pakistan will become a failed state fills our television screen. Pakistan has the atomic bomb therefore we are in danger if that nation falls into anarchy. I am sure that is true, but I look at the Pakistani people on the screen, torn by grief, roused by anger, or stunned by fear. We need to remember that their pain should also be ours and pray for peace and safety for all.

No comments: